Saturday, January 14, 2012

ECro: The Evolution of a Woman to a Four-Letter Word

I like funny stuff. And I like funny writing. And I like writing funny stuff. But I'm also trying my hand at writing some things that I would like to sell someday. I'm writing stories that I want someone to at least nod over and hmm about and think something of. But I also like to say stupid shit. So I'm starting this blog. It's for all the stupid shit that churns about my mind-bits and comes out my mouth or my tippy-tappy fingertips.

But it's not like I want my name associated with all my crazy. Fuck no. I have platforming to think of: meaning how my internet persona that no one gives a shit about affects my unfinished work that potentially no one will give another shit about. I'm thinking ahead.

So I'm taking what most might call a pen name or a pseudonym. But those terms are boring and too scholarly. Nope. I'm not most. I'm going to call it something different.

I'm taking a gang name.

Let me explain my reasoning here because I clearly need to do that (don't ask me why this is clear, I just think it is and it's my fucking blog). I've found that when I explain why I'm crazy people typically snort or smile and then I feel good about being a little off and they feel good about placating a crazy person. So let me explain.

First, gang names are inherently cooler than non-gang names. T-Roc will always beat Sally in a moniker competition. I don't think such competitions exist, but we'd all know the winner in that bout. Sally would get curb-stomped. Literally.

Second, I just want a fucking gang name without being in a gang. Do you have a problem with that? I mean, who decided that gang names could only be used by people in actual gangs. It's a type of bigotry. And if it isn't a type of bigotry, I'm going to pretend it is so I can have a gang name.

So here is what I did to get my gang name. I didn't pull a Glock on another marginalized, blond-haired, privileged white woman like myself to gain street cred. And I didn't get a tattoo across my sternum, forever branding myself with some lame-ass sad clown or phallic pillar that is supposed to represent what I represent.

Are you ready for it? Are you? You'll be shocked. For realz.

I took the first initial of my first name, and then I added it to the first three letters in my last name. And then, to make things really raw and street, I capitalized the C after the E. Oh yes I did. And I'd do it again. I'm fucking fearless.

Anyway, presto chango, waving hands about and shit and now here it is: ECro. Gang Name. Shit yeah.

Welcome to my blog.

3 comments: